Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nachi Nachos & Burritos

Pin It Now!


This is one of the first things my Dad taught me how to cook. This is also one of the things that we all eat. We started off with just nachos and my son convinced me it would be good in a burrito too.

I love spicy food so I always put jalapenos on my nachos. My son does not like to eat the jalapenos but we still cook his nachos with them because he likes the flavor it gives them then he pulls them off. When we make the burritos I always sprinkle jalapeno juice over the mix. We love sour cream and eat a lot of it. We will not eat nachos or burritos without sour cream. However, we do not usually eat them with guacamole because I am the only one who eats it. If I serve this to guests I serve it with sour cream and guacamole.

Ingredients
1 lb Ground Meat
1 Packet Taco Seasoning
1 -16oz Can of Refried Beans
1 Bag of Tortilla Chips (round or triangle shaped)
1 Pack of Burrito Wraps
1 Block of Cheese Shredded (we like sharp cheddar)
Optional Ingredients
Sliced Jalapenos
Sour Cream
Guacamole
Shredded Lettuce
Diced Tomatoes
Taco Sauce
(For the beans & seasoning we like Casa Fiesta. We use Louisiana brand jalapenos.)

Nachi Nachos & Burrito Mix
• Brown ground meat in a skillet on medium heat.
• Mix taco seasoning according to packet directions.
• Add the refried beans and mix thoroughly.
• If mixture is too thick add 1tbs of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
• Turn heat down to medium-low and cook about 5 minutes.




Nachi Nachos
• Heat oven to 350°
• Place nacho chips on an air bake sheet.
• Spoon 1tbs of mixture on each nacho.
• Put a generous amount of shredded cheese on each nacho.
• Place a sliced jalapeno on each nacho.
• Bake until cheese is melted.
• Serve with any additional ingredients from optional ingredients above.




Burritos
• Place a burrito wrap on plate.
• Fill wrap with mixture.
• Put a generous amount of shredded cheese over mixture.
• Put any additional ingredients from optional ingredients above.
• Wrap the burrito up. – Fold top and bottom over then fold each side over then flip burrito over.
• Sprinkle cheese over top of burrito.


We do not do well with actually eating leftovers but we always finish the nacho mix off! When we heat it up we sprinkle a little water over the mix so it is not too dry. I also started putting a little jalapeno juice in it to kick up the spice.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment