Friday, July 20, 2012

Dry Erase Multiplication

Pin It Now!
Dry Erase Multiplication

My son is very intelligent but he refuses to memorize his multiplication facts. He plays the math games online and he does well but sometimes I swear he cheats. You put a worksheet in front of him and he looks at me like I am stupid. I know some teachers with children out there know exactly what I am talking about and know that face really well! So … I needed to come up with something different. When I taught 3rd grade math to gifted students, they were so smart but often could not explain what was actually happening for multiplication. The summer before I had attended a workshop and they told us for young children to start with skip counting then to progress to a multiplication chart. Then the AH HA moment came… 


Why not make a dry erase multiplication chart! All I need is cardstock, a sheet protector, dry erase markers, paper towel and my multiplication file. Blow you can find the pictures and you can download the multiplication chart.













No comments:

Post a Comment