Tuesday, July 17, 2012

White Beans with ham

Pin It Now!


White Beans with Ham 

This is one of the easiest things to make! Someone told me I was making it too complicated the way I do it … but it is still so easy and it is to my liking! We serve the beans with French bread or corn muffins.

16 oz pack of great northern beans
7 cups water
2 tbs of oil
1 large yellow onion
16 oz pack of cubed smoked pork
3 cups par boiled rice salt and pepper to taste (the meat will give a salty taste if you do not want to add salt)

• I have heard some people say they soak the beans over night. You really do not have to do that for these since it is in the slow cooker but it does make them a slight bit softer.

• Peel onion and cut in half. Place the onion in a food processor.

• Place cut onions in skillet to brown. I cook them until they become limp.

• Put all ingredients (beans, water, onions, pork cubes, salt, and pepper) into your slow cooker and stir.

• Put your slow cooker on low and leave it cooking for about 8 hrs.

• When you have about ½ hr left put your rice to cook in a rice cooker.

~Serve beans over rice with French bread or corn muffins and ENJOY!~

No comments:

Post a Comment